"1) If you critiqued the sexist content in a game many will try to persuade you that this means that the rest of your critique is meaningless and they will try to persuade you to kill yourself.
2) If you critiqued a fan favourite and did not enjoy the game, commenters will try to persuade you to kill yourself.
3) If you critiqued a game and you previously critiqued a fan favourite unfavourably the fans of the previous game will appear to tell you your critique is meaningless and will try to persuade you to kill yourself.
4) If you critiqued something that is not a fan favourite and really enjoyed the game, commenters will accuse you of being paid off for your opinion and will try to persuade you to kill yourself.
5) If you are a woman and you have written about topics in the game pertaining particularly to matters concerning your gender’s outlook or socialisation commenters will try to persuade you to kill yourself.
6) If you wrote a piece of New Games Journalism, describing your playthrough as more of a travelogue or personal journey as analysis of the game, commenters will type ‘BUT IS IT ANY GOOD THOUGH’ or ‘BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ACTUAL GAME’ and then try to persuade you to kill yourself.
Happily, commenters are usually not very good writers, and so largely are very unpersuasive in getting you to kill yourself."
Cara writing about games journalism and freelance life is smart and wise in many ways, but i’m totally linking to the listicle bit of it. Read the rest here.
HEY I’M ANDY AND I MAKE COOL SHIRTS
tell me what size and color shirt, what design or words in what style/color, and i’ll paint you something super awesome
the $20 price includes supplies, work, and shipping within the US! ($25 for canada, $30 for overseas)
my summer job is only two days a week and i could really use the boost in income, because i’ve got school fees and books to pay for soon! help me out and get something super cool in return.
message to buy, and i take payment through paypal (email@example.com)
even if you can’t buy a shirt, signal boosting is greatly appreciated!
my money situation has changed pretty drastically, and i’m desperate for funds. please, signal boost this and help me get some more commissions.
I’m ordering the Feminist Killjoy shirt.
rebvlog for awesome (and cos i really want a feminist killjoy shirt too, when i have the cash)
All my white garments, bar suits. White is goth too, btw.
He WAS right. Damnit! :)
If Facebook Was A Guy →
FACEBOOK: Hi, I’m Facebook.
ME: Nice to meet you, I’m Ryan.
FACEBOOK: What’s your last name? Where do you live? When were you born? What’s your phone number? Is that work or mobile? Can I have your work number too?
ME: Facebook, I just met you.
FACEBOOK: This is what friendship is to me.